Here is a layout I created using seed beads:
Papers: Reminisce and BasicGrey’s Dasher Collection
Seed beads: Clear glass and red glass
Beads were used to enhance paper design, accent the flowers, and pinpoint the snowflake centres
1. First gather your supplies.
– Glossy Accents by Ranger
– Small container for your seed beads (Here, I’ve used a tiny fast-food BBQ sauce tub that I washed out and saved.)
– Beads of your choice
– Your project~ I have decided to embellish a journaling tag for this tutorial.
NOTE: You will also want something such as waxed paper to cover/protect your work area.
I use Glossy Accents by Ranger as my bead adhesive.
I prefer Glossy Accents because it has a fine precision- tip applicator, adheres things where I need it to, and adds a clear, hard coating that is shiny when it dries.
Additionally, it is ACID FREE!
2. Apply a small dab of Glossy Accents where you wish to adhere a bead to your project.
3. Then move your applicator tip over to your little tub of beads. Dab the tip of applicator onto the bead you want, “catching it” on the tiny amt of adhesive that it already on the tip.
4. Move applicator, with the caught bead, over to the dab of Glossy Accents on your project. Touch the bead to the adhesive on the project. The bead will go into place: it seems to “release” from it’s position on applicator’s tip. This works best if the applicator tip has only a tiny amount of adhesive on it- and the dab on your project is larger- effectively pulling the bead off the applicator. (Try this- you will see what I mean! LOL)
5. You can also use Glossy Accents in this way to adhere a line of beads, as seen in photo B]. Work in a 1-inch long line.
Just work a little more quickly, being sure the line of adhesive you have applied to the area does not start to dry out.
If it does, reapply. Glossy Accents works on curved lines in the same way!
6. Don’t worry: the Glossy Accents adhering the beads will look “wet,” but only for a few minutes! Allow to dry flat.
7. All dry and ready to use on your Layout!
Other ideas for using seed beads:
1. Stickles and cardstock flower-shapes can be covered in beads, then sealed with Glossy Accents to embellish the centre of a handmade flower, as seen here:
2. Use a rounded “pile” of seed beads sealed with Glossy Accents to enhance a flower:
Light yellow ric rac from August 2010 Ribbon Kit. Link to this beautiful “Summer Adventures” Kit is HERE.
3. Use a fine line of beads to accent a detail on patterned paper ( in this case a fern leaf):
Yellow satin-edged organza and ric rac from August 2010 Ribbon Kit. Link to this beautiful “Summer Adventures” Kit is HERE.
4. Use your beads to accent an embellishment, in this case a butterfly:
5. Embellish a cardstock medallion with concentric rings of beads to accent its’ pattern:
6. Polka-dotted patterned paper becomes a 3-D background when beads are adhered to it to accentuate its’ visual impact:
Deep melon-red satin-edged organza ribbon from August 2010 Ribbon Kit. Link to this beautiful “Summer Adventures” Kit is HERE.
Have fun with those seed beads and “Thanks” for visiting us here at the SNS Blog today for this scrappy “How-to” all about seed beads! Come back soon!